Monday, May 28, 2012

Ever Have A Bad Day Skydiving?

I've done it once.  The plane was a lot smaller, I held on to the wing and let go after I didn't hear the instructor yell "ARCH!!!!!!!!!!!" about ten times, I curled up instead of arching, then I couldn't understand  the instructions as I was going down.  I flared at the right time, but I didn't collapse my chute fast enough after I hit the ground, and was almost dragged into a fence.  Yes, it was a static line jump.  From how it was going, I probably wouldn't have pulled the chord if I'd been in a free fall, and I wouldn't have known or cared that I was going to get squashed flatter than a pancake, but that was all right.  Woulda made for some great photography, but it didn't happen that way, so poo!

Oh, and the instructor kept making fun of me before the jump.  No, I didn't mind; and he knew it.  Me thinks what started it was a wise as comment I made in the beginning that I can't remember and that marked me.  Fine.  I had fun.

If I had the money, I suppose I'd do it again, if someone else did the driving.  Hollister is a trip to HELL.

"When skydiving goes very wrong: Pensioner, 80, left hanging by a thread in terrifying tumble after instructor pushes reluctant adrenalin junkie from plane"


http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2149774/Skydiving-accidents-Pensioner-80-left-hanging-thread-terrifying-tumble.html