Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Having Fun With Parkour

This is about an anti-drug message.

http://www.activistpost.com/2012/02/crazy-anti-drug-ad-tells-kids-to-do.html 

Don't do drugs.  Do parkour instead.  Check the second video.  The part that most people don't video when they do their videos?  At least the part they DON'T post on YouTube.  The accidents.  How many concussions, broken bones, deaths?

No, we obviously aren't dying fast enough.  Can we get any more blatant with our message?

When I was a lot younger (all the way up to around 32-33) I used to do parkour-lite. For me that meant doing waist-high jumps, 8 foot spans at most, vaults, and I have been known to throw myself over a few fences and road dividers that were taller than me.  I used to be a pretty good athlete in my glory days long gone.  The only back flips I did were off the diving board, over water.  I got real good when I was 15.  Lived at the pool side for one North Carolina summer, and with the summers being as they are down there, were else do you want to be but under water?  Well, that or hiking through the forests, though 95% pine trees gets a little monotonous.

If ya want more pain, google 'parkour bloopers'.  I think I've seen enough for today. At least for now.  If someone pisses me off, I'll watch more and hope the one that pissed me off takes up the hobby.