Saturday, June 29, 2013

30 Shocking Photos Of Child Labor Between 1908 And 1916

http://www.buzzfeed.com/briangalindo/30-shocking-photos-of-child-labor-between-1908-and-1916

This reminds me on what a faery tale existence I had until 6.  I consider these pictures to be a nightmare, and they make me wonder.  How many of these crotch droppings would have chosen to be rotisseried and served for dinner as opposed to going on in a life like this?

This is the result of the industrial revolution.  If I had to work, me thinks I'd rather have worked on the family farm.  Shite, my incubator had me weed all four sides of the house before age 10. She also had me watch my infernal half siblings starting at age 6.  Starting at age 8, at least I got paid for it.  25¢ an hour.  And no way to spend it,  for the nearest store was impossibly far away.