Friday, October 23, 2015

Personal Rant

I should be ecstatic.  The hot weather is over, the rains are actually gonna start this year and bring us something, I may start a job next week after how many years of barely working, I've got an awesome new e-mail contact.  (A really cool, super smart black chick with an indigo kid.  She's an excellent mom, and I don't hold bein' a mother of one at a late, mature age; against her.  Other than that, in a lot of ways we're a lot alike.  She ain't no superfluous fluff ball.  She's also a quarter Cherokee.  I met her at work.  She came to me to ask me for a ride to and from the train station the weeks her car was down.  I have no idea how she knew I'd give it to her, but. . .)

Gods, it was so funny when she caught the second train as opposed to the first.  We'd barely have time to get to work, so I'd be waiting to grab her bag, and we'd run like Hell to get to the car.  What a sight we were.  Glad there weren't no gerbil shooters around.  We probably woulda been shot.  Non-lethally, at that.  So inconvenient.  I doubt I'll see her again in this realm, but who knows?  We will still e-mail.

I'm trying to switch to swing/grave now.  I couldn't hang and took a nap today, but maybe by tomorrow I'll be on cue.

That feeling that the world is gonna explode any day now is with me.  I'm also no longer main housekeeper if the job does pan out, won't be making any more falafel wraps, and won't be the main cook no mo'.  It's gonna be the flat mate's turn to be the bitch until he gets a job.  Then we share.

I'm gonna tell ya what I put in my falafel wraps, 'cause I am a gourmet cook.  Get most of my stuff at Trader Joe's.  I get the falafels there.  They have the best I ever tasted.

Two pieces of lavash (wheat) or chili tortillas
Organic tahini
Athenos hummus
Tzatziki
Sesame seeds (Enough to cover the slathered on tahini/hummus and tzatziki layers all the way.)
Capers (Two tablespoons.)
5 falafels

3 English cuke slices that go from one end to the other.
1 roma tomato sliced up
Sweet onion slices to go from one end to the other
Sweet bell pepper slices, any colour but green
Fresh spinach
Kalamata olives
1 sliced dill pickle
Marinated pimentos
3 big garlic cloves, thickly sliced
Couple of sprinkles of McCormick Southwest Seasoning
Trader Joe's organic mayo on top lavash or tortilla cover

It's huge, falls apart, and has to be eaten with a fork and knife.  It's often two meals, and it's served with 3 extra falafels, a quarter English cuke, 2 dill pickles, a tomato, 10 or so Kalamata olives, a couple spoonfuls of capers, and a quarter bell pepper.  It's better than anything I ever had anywhere, and you won't find that in any restaurant (unless I ran it).  Ifn I did run a restaurant, it would NOT be 'fast' food.  For some items, it might be a good idea to order ahead.  I also wouldn't sell garbage soft drinks, and it would be a vegetarian restaurant.

OK.  Enough for this post.  Off to the news of world entropy.