Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Personal Rant

Thank the gods I'm not what I was ten years ago in priorities.  I'd be going nuts right now.

Gotta go to work in an hour.  Flat mate's gig is over, so someone's home to take care of the pussies.

It's beautiful outside.  Dark, quiet, raining cats and canines; but again I have to work today.  No clue when I get a day off.  Probably Sunday.  It's a bitch working two jobs.  I've done it before for a week, but at lest this time I don't have to work two jobs on the sam day.  I don't know how people do it.

Well, I did used to do a lot of overtime, and it was the same hours some times as one full time and one part time job, but I didn't have to commute.  I mean, when you average 55 hours a week for several years. . .  Ah, the good ol' days.  I was a Hellfire production runner.  I still got some of that in me, but I know I can't do what I used to do.  I could work my way up again, but why bother?  It's like giving up smoking for health reasons today if you're gonna be executed tomorrow.

I've got a little sabre tooth in my lap.  A twenty odd pound black and white who knows just how to distribute his weight so he can stay a while without putting everything under him to sleep.  He's a very nice snuggle cat.  He's also talkative on occasion, and hilarious to listen to.  You can almost tell what he's saying by the tone of his voice.  He bosses me around a lot, but at least I don't have to spoon feed him, like my feline love that shuffled off his mortal coil a few years back.  Can't wait to see Sable again.  He was awesome.  We used to go for walks together when we were in San Jose.  He didn't take well to the move north of that vile city.

We also used to play tag in and out of the rain.  His intelligence was off the Richter scale.  He was a prankster, he got me up to go to work if I forgot to set my alarm, and he taught me Catonese.  My precious little black panther.

Just a cat.  Just a dog.  Just a ferret.  NO!  EVERYTHING IS EQUAL!  EVERYTHING IS CREATED FROM SAME SOURCE, EVERYTHING IS MADE OF ATOMS, EVERYTHING IS PART OF SOURCE, AND THERE IS NO BETTER OR WORSE!  IT'S JUST THINGS VIBRATE AT DIFFERENT RATES, AND ARE ON DIFFERENT BANDWIDTHS!  Animals are our siblings.  They have souls, and feelings, and if you try; you can learn their language.  They know yours.  They are also independent beings who should be treated with respect.  Here, if a cat gets a chair first, it keeps the chair.  If it asks for food, it gets fed.  I give them ice water in the warm weather.  In fact, I give them ice water whenever I have time.  They like it.  Sable used to come running when he heard the clatter.

Oh, read linked article in the post below; if you haven't.