Monday, January 11, 2016

Personal Rant

The world is shutting down.  You are going to lose everything, and it doesn't matter.  You volunteered to be here to see the end of an unjust, vile, disgusting era.  Some play hero, many play villain, and most are in between the two.  I don't think I'm gonna see 2017.  I don't see how I can.  Not that I even want to.  This place is GARBAGE compared to the Otherside.  Still, we volunteered to be here like the fools we are, and we gotta finish our self imposed jail sentence. . .I mean assignment.   Mine is up when?  Before November?  Before May?  I dunno.  According to a lucid dream, if I interpreted correctly, I'm outta here in the first third of the year.  That would be better than anything later.

Will I croak from exhaustion?  Plaster myself on the drive home from work from across the hills in a fog bank, where the winding freeway is totally unlit?  Collapse at work due to what I have to do to myself to stay at my station in rather harsh conditions?  I dunno.  Thing about work, the harsh conditions are maxed out at six hours, and that doesn't happen too often.  Eight hour shifts are also rare for what I do.  In zero traffic, the commute is 20-25 minutes, depending on the lights.

I can't complain, though.  It's all a downhill slope from here.  It will only get easier.  Boy, but the start of this section of the journey is one Hell of a gauntlet.  Six or seven weeks it's gonna be a bitch is what I speculate, based on circumstantial  evidence.  That's not too bad.  Less than a school quarter.

Well, what ever.  I've been seeing the light at the end of the tunnel for some time.  Thing is, it's been static for a long time.  Still the size of one of our smoke alarms.  A sign of HOPE that has lasted for a little more than a couple of years.  HOPE.  The last critter in Pandora's box.  Now hopefully that white light will double in size before the end of February.  Though I wouldn't mind if it happened sooner.