Saturday, November 29, 2014

The Truth About Sharks

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/nature/the-truth-about-sharks-far-from-being-killing-machines-they-have-personalities-best-friends-and-an-exceptional-capacity-for-learning-9887898.html

I rescued a young leopard shark from a tide pool in Foster City once.  Was about three feet long, beautiful, and I had to be careful when I grabbed it because the skin will rip you up if you rub against it in the wrong direction.  I had to pin it to the side with a stick before I could grab it and throw it in the bay.  An old lady was acting as cheering squad.

I'd also see dead shark on the pier.   People would catch them, and just let them die.  Gods, that pissed me off.  I like sharks. . .ALIVE!  Gorgeous, streamlined, and I've seen videos of people who befriended the, so. . .

I wish that flick 'Jaws' had never been made.  The fish don't deserve what they got after that.