Monday, November 24, 2014

GORDON RAMSAY, EAT YOUR HEART OUT!

No only am I twice as obnoxious as you, I can beat you in the lab. . .I mean kitchen!

3 lb. Yukon Gold tatties (Not quite 1.5 K, or you can go to the 1.5 K.  Close enough.)
3 large heads of garlic, do NOT cut cloves
1/2 large sweet onion
1 unsalted Kerrygold butter
1/2 cup heavy cream (120 ml)
1/2 tsp. fresh grated black pepper
2 HEAPING tbsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. Cucina Tuscan seasoning
1 lb. crimini mushrooms
2 boxes of trader Joe's Portabella Cream of Mushroom Soup

Cut up tatties into 1/3 inch slices and boil with whole garlic cloves, chopped sweet onion and Cucina Tuscan seasoning, or if you want another seasoned salt, go for it.

Boil until soft.  'Boot a half hoor, I mean (half) hour.

Drain, add cream, 1/2 of the Kerrygold butter, garlic powder, pepper and mash the shite oot o' the mixture whilst cookin' the shrooms in the remainder of the butter on medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring often.

Throw the three cream of mushroom soups over the freshly cooked 'shrooms and butter, stir well, then enjoy the best dayam mashed garlic tatties on the planet.  Great with freshly rotisseried long piglet not older than five.


GODS I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M DOING THIS!!!!!!!!!!

And whilst I'm at it, Charles Shaw Merlot is the best cooking wine I ever used.  I can't stand to drink it from the bottle, but. . .  Then again, I don't like wine for the most part.  I had some dealcohlised wines a long time ago that were pretty good, but I haven't seen 'em for years.  A couple were semi-local.  Napa.  I've tried some that were more expensive and foreign, and I thought they were horrible.

I don't drink.  I may drive others to drink, but I'll pass on the booze.  It doesn't sit well with me.