Wednesday, July 17, 2013

See Item #15-----Necco Wafers And Pepsi Make A Weapon Of Mass Destruction

http://www.buzzfeed.com/katienotopoulos/21-things-you-didnt-know-about-necco-wafers

I saw them, I never had them before, so I had to try them and poison myself just this once.  Ayuh, ONCE!  They are NOT worth repeating.  Oh, I suppose I had worse.  Kidneys?  Brain, cooked in a country that's worse than the English.  Interior of apricot pit which I made the mistake of trying when I was a wee food product.  Green tomatoes.  Ayuh, there's worse.  Not that I tried it, but I figure it's a couple of steps above head cheese.  I think I had that before, possibly in Germany where they eat shite like that.  I swear, if it weren't for the Yiddish influence, German cooking would probably be worse than English cooking, though they do make damn good diary products, pickles, capers, chocolate, and beer; if only I liked beer.  I used to like it when I was still living over there, but now I can't stand it.   Not that I had very much, since I came to the states when I was still a wee brat of 6.  And I couldn't stand 'kiddie beer'.  Go figure!

The person who made the site this URL links to, had it RIGHT!  The wafers are awful, but I did like the chewy candy they made.

So why didn't I toss them after I tried each flavour.  Ya know the theory, of 'WELL, I PAID FER IT, DAMMIT!'

Stupid, huh?!

I don't like the candy hearts, either.  I did when I was real young, and I suppose I might have liked the wafers then too, but hey!  I used to like Tang, Gatorade,  Pizza Hut, McDonalds, KFC, Jack in the Box, Carl's Jr., Taco Bell, etc. . .  Now I puke at the concept.  I had no clue on how bad the stuff was for you, and I had a VERY uneducated palate.   I hadn't had any East Indian food yet, and they didn't have a good East Asian food place less than a block away where I used to work.