Tuesday, February 5, 2013

This Pisses Me Off!


NY Police drag woman through court for almost three years in victimless case of entrapment for which she is arguably innocent. Judge tosses case with scathing commentary on police and prosecutors.


https://appellatesquawk.wordpress.com/2013/01/25/the-lucky-bag-scam/

I found a wallet in front of our flat complex a while back.  It was fully loaded, but I don't know how much was in it.  I didn't need to know.  I sat on the grass for a few minutes going though all the damn cards, trying to find an ID.  I finally found a credit card with the name 'Martinez'.  I went to the manager and asked her if we had a Martinez family living here.  She said no, so I knocked of every Hispanic household door until I found someone who knew the family, and the wallet got returned with everything in place but all the damn cards in a different order.  I never did come across a driver's licence.  Finding that would have probably taken another ten minutes.  Man, how many cards can you fit in a damn wallet?

So, I guess if you see something of value that isn't something like a bill laying in the gutter, it might be better to leave it.  (Though when I used to take long walks, I occasionally found jewelry that I gave to a neighbour, regardless of it's theoretical worth, since I don't wear that crap, and it's not like I paid for it; so hey.  I have everything I need, and what ever.)

'DO COPS SHOOT CAGED GERBILS, TOO?'

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bad_Cop_No_Donut/