Sunday, February 17, 2013

MIDNIGHT REVERIE-----1980

(I threw this together in high school.  Not bad for a 16-17 year old brat, I'd say.  Yes, I was a Shakespeare (Eddie de Vere?) nut.  I still like his works.  If I had the time, I'd like to see all his plays.  They are entertaining.  But I'd rather read them first, and get a grip on the language which ain't quite the same, and watch them later.  Not anytime in the near future will this happen.  Too much else to do.)

Midnight Reverie

I stand on the cliffs so high,
Looking onward to the sea.
Under skies, under stars,
O'er the Earth's vast symmetry.,
Wondering why all must be.

Even though the crashing waves,
All is yet serene.
I stand from this world apart
Entranced by this hypnotic scene.
What can all this mean?

Sadness and yet ecstasy.
I wonder if this time can last?
To be a prisoner of now.
May now be never, past.
Oh, why must feeling and reality contrast?

Yet nothing lasts forever.
Everything must end.
This time, this phase, this dear escape,
Finality the dawn shall send;
The Earth revolving on her trend.

But then what is time?
'Tis but life's great illusion
Lost at the speed of light.
They call it a dimension,
And I. . .a deception.

*****

The search for meaning!
What am I?
Where am I?
Why am I here?
What is life?
Death?
What is the Universe?

Am I but a cell
Of greater form?
What be the mind?
They say I use so little
Of the mind.
Where be the rest?
What are thoughts?
Why do they exist?
Why do I exit?

The eternal questions
Bearing no answers.


*****

Blackened sky,
Lake of fire,
Eternal pain,
Stench of parbreak,
Screaming daemons,
Gnashing teeth,
Ripping flesh,
Tearing claws,
Seething terrors,
Lashing whips,

They so threaten us,
Yet none of it exists.
Nor does 'He' exist.
When we die,
Nor do we exist.

*****

Sound of silence
Empty thought,
Unfelt emotion,
Freedom caught.

Fire cold,
Ice so hot,
Peaceful tempest,
What be is not.

Imagined reality,
Sorrow sweet,
Loving hatred,
Humble conceit.

Still wind,
Madness sane,
Foolish sense,
Ecstatic pain.

Oxymoronic confusion.

*****

I look across the sands
To face the rising sun.
The bright red star
Gliding upward to zenith,
Drawing the desert gases
To form the figures
That lead the travellers astray.

With it come my phantasies
Appearing from the air,
And coming ever near.
They exist when I do not touch them,
Yet when I reach out; they leave
To again become the air.
My desert ghosts.

*****

The quiet room,
The crack of fire.
The peace of night,
The burning pyre.

The beauteous lustre
Does mesmorise.
I come closer
To hear the fire's cries.

I sight the forms within.
The flames hold life, I see.
I sit back and stare,
Held by psychotic phantasy.

Agonising cries
Of beings from my past,
Calling me to come
Into their world so vast.

The evil forms
Gripping my mind.
I'm losing contro
To death, in kind.

Slowly I come closer.
I reach for destruction.
In my fatal trance,
Set to cease function.

Yet I sense not behind
The counter force that be.
Violently I am pulled to life.
Dear friend, I thank thee.

*****

Frigid flames
On a moonless night.
Fire of blue light.

Sable horses,
Glowing eyes,
Silver hooves arise.

Thunder, lightning,
Wild and free,
Striking with no symmetry.

Howling winds
Sweeping by.
Listen to the fearsome cry.

Hate behind us,
Run with me.
If not, we'll die; you'll see.

As lightning strikes,
Horses rear;
Soon to be free of fear.

The clash of chords,
The danger late;
As we do now dissipate.

We, the travellers of dimension.

*****

Fire!
Hot bright.
Burns, glows, rages.
Eternal destroyer of all-----
Flame.

*****

The chaos!
The noise!
The shedding of blood!
Why?

To appease a king,
To conquer all,
To rule the world
To still the wish to kill.

The loss so great,
Little gained.
All in ruins,
Hatred spread.

War is tragic,
Yet again;
It is to be repeated
Come the end.

*****

Fury!
It eats away inside of me
Gnawing hatred e're so strong.
Intrinsic ulceration.
Seething fire,
Glowing madness.
A loss of reality.
Obsessive agony.
It tears away at me.
It has me entrapped.
It shall not let go.
The throe!
The Insanity!
Help me!

*****

Blue sky, red sky,
Grey sky, black sky.
One bright light
With mystery holding.
Smaller lights
Flickering on eternally.
Spectral aurora.
Shooting light with streaming tail.
This to be seen in reverie
Which is this night's reality.

*****

To walk through the greyness,
Quietly; unseen.
Protected by translucent cover.
Part of the spectral realm.
Slipping by without a sound,
Oh so like a shade.
'Tis the entry to another world;
The cover of fog.

*****

'Tis dawn!
Fire in the sky!
It brings life to many,
Yet it also brings destruction
To thee.

*****

Night.
Black, mysterious.
Hides, covers protects.
Fascinates us greatly so,
Darkness.

*****

The serenity departs
As she appears.
With her, the heat,
The glare.
The deadly rays
That burn.
The distant fire
So fatal.
She draws the fluids
From all forms.
Thirsting for death,
Yet strangely giving life.
As she reaches upward,
She grows harsher.
take heed her zenith.

Then she descends,
And gentles in her ways.
She grows softer.
Her power wanes.
She fades from white, to crimson,
To night.

*****

The world was
Such a place of misery
Where nothing seemed right.
I had to escape it
For happiness.
I ran into a world of dreams,
Escaping existence itself.
I lost touch with actuality.
I worshipped what does not exist.
I thought no one cared.

But I was wrong.
You did care.
You were willing to help.
I never thought it could be
For anyone to be so kind.
For you I shed the tear,
Not expecting what you said to me.
The way you offered to improve
The life I then thought Hell.

Accept my deepest gratitude.

********************

Creatures Of Fact And Fancy

Thou canst be so gentle dear,
Yet deadly and aloof.
So sleek, though stalkest through the night,
And search to still a lust for blood.
Slinking by without a sound,
Muscles tensed; about to kill.
This is what thou art by night,
Yet so serene by day; my cat.

*****

You glide along the ground unseen,
Pernicious creature; sleek and keen.
Silently you make your way,
Sensing life near where you lay.
You wait with venomed fangs to strike.
You raise your head and hood alike.
With lightning swiftness, death flashes by.
For you to live, the rat must die.

*****

You soar above the Earth, so free;
Faster than the wind.
I never saw before
Such power and ability
In the realm of nature.
Yet this is not all you are.
You are cunning and aesthetic,
Awesome, and so graceful.
You are paranormal, my dear
Peregrine.

*****

Majestic form, run with the wind.
Faster, faster, ever far.
With silver hooves and fiery eyes,
Run with the flaming star.

Fly o'er the plains and through the fields.
Streaming tail and flowing mane,
Thunderous strides with head held high,
Endurance that shall never wane.

*****

Run silently through darkness,
Cunning ever keen.
Sable coat, eyes aglow,
your form; ever lean.

You lead the hunt on this night.
Run down the quarry soon to die.
Lope after her until she falls,
Then tear her throat where she does lie.

A feast for hunters on this night.
To life and its pernicious way.
Here is the form adapted well.
The wolf, that is to say.

*****

Beautiful,
White,
Gentle.
You are fair.
Your soft coo
So soothing.
They keep you in a cage.
A place so unsuited
For you of free spirit.
Bird of peace,
I open the door,
Fly away,
For this is no place
For you.

*****

Wings of fire,
Feathers glow.
Flames of dawn,
Death's one foe.

In the morning ever new,
You fly before the twigs of ash.
You then dive down for everlast,
With a bright and flaming sash.

You are then engulfed by flame.
you die in blazing glory.
But then you do arise,
Reborn again; and free.

Phoenix in a scheduled time
You shall repeat this startling act.
A fiery death, a new rebirth,
In 500 years exact.

*****

You sit alone
Amongst the rocks,
Ever so mysterious.
You no longer guard the gate
To the city.
You no longer ask
The riddles of the past.
You just sit alone
Amongst the rocks,
Ever so mysterious.

You do not move.
Your tail not so as twitches.
Your wings are still.
Your beautiful form, frozen.
Do you breath?
Where is your past glory,
Great Sphynx;
As you sit alone
Amongst the rocks,
Ever so mysterious.

*****

Elusive spectre, forever out of sight.
Thy beauty to be seen by none,
Forever on the run.

Your ghostly form, here then gone.
Your silky coat is brilliant white,
Radiating light so bright.

You hold your head in arrogance,
Contempt for lower life.
Bearing perfection with no strife.

Your silver horn, your silky mane
Adding to your saintly grace.
Your fairness like the finest lace.

Yet when I want you, you are mine!
My desire can keep you entrapped,
For my innocence has not been sapped.

Unicorn, I hold thy reign.

*****

Florescent eye, fiery breath,
Darkened scale, and well spanned wing.
Dragon of darkness, tell me now!
Is it good or evil that you bring?

The glory of a solar flare
You carry with you on a flight.
Take me with you to aspire
Above the clouds to Astral Light.

Your appearance fierce, yet beautiful.
Your form does mine self entrance.
To ride a dragon on her flight,
This though does mine self enhance.

This was a wish ne'er fulfilled.
The dragon, she did not comply.
The honour would belong to none.
She flew away, a wish to die.

********************

Deathwish

A flash of light, a roar above.
The Hell-sent cloud I know well of.
I stand high, alone in flight.
Escape from life, in the night.
With halberd raise, I beckon thee.
Force of death, now come to me.
Come forth with searing flames,
My jagged light of many names.
Ruler of the storm and sky,
Tempest leader; by and by.
Violence, then serenity.
Lightning, bring an end to me.

*****

Black death!
Spreading through the land!
Ware her touch
Slipping through the darkness.
Without a sound, she'll set you free,
And cut the silver cord of life.
The distemper cannot be escaped.
If she wants you, she will have you.
You cannot elude her grasp.
She will take the thing you hold so dear.
She will be victorious.
Say farewell to life when she comes by.
Her name is 'Plague'.

*****

I look up at the sky
As I wait for you to come.
With sabre clenched and blood racing
Through my veins as I await the duel.
This most pernicious rendezvous.

You come forth.

We cross swords in deadly greeting,
And you lunge for'ard.
Frenzied battle of loud clashed chords.
My head unclear, fury racing
Through my very soul.

I don't wish to fight.  I cannot win.

You are faster, highly skilled, stronger.
I reach up in desperate surrender,
Yet face the pain of death.
You were once a friend.
Why has this occurred?

I slowly lose hold of life.

I fall as you withdraw your sword.
You catch me in your arms.
You now understand what you have done.
I look into your eyes and smile.
This moment should not have been,

But it is too late.

*****

Escape!
To run!
Fly forever!
Leave all behind.
Pain, problem, agony.
Reel about and say farewell,
And run.
Increase the pace.
Go farther.
Ignore the pain.
Faster!  Farther!
Lose sensation.
Pass the wall.
Race on,
And on.
More distance, more speed.
But no!
Something is not right!
The fall!
The beating of the heart has stopped.
The escape
Has been accomplishèd.

*****

High sensation,
Expectation.
Phantoms in the nigh
Hiding through the sheets of fog.
An echoed voice breaks silence.
An eerie "Tally-ho".
The spectral hound runs by
Forever out to win the fox.
I stay low to observe this scene,
So frightening;
So hypnotising.

Slowly I am drawn forth.
I arise from hidden view.
I want to be a part of them.
I advance onward to the hunt.

The riders pass me by.
They see me not.
I stand in the midst of the,
I stand unnoticed.
Soon they ride from view,
Myself to see them fade
Into the fog from whence they came.

Yet I hear another hoofbeat.
I turn to face the rider,
And see my own reflection.
I am the rider.
I drop in fright.
The unconscious prevails.

I soon arise.
The horse stands before me, the rider is gone.
I mount the steed,
And I look to where I fell.
I saw my form where it had fallen.

*****

Once, then twice
The blood ran free.
I don't want to face
The time of three.

I needed your help.
I did not want to die,
But i faced rejection;
Then cut my flesh with a sigh.

Now for my past wish of self-destruct
I face the greatest penalty.
Surrounding fear, the ostracism,
Even though now I wish to be.

Accept me now,
I beg of you;
Or must I complete
What in the past I failed to do?

*****

The blood flows free,
And I am losing hold
Though I no longer wish to die.
Yet there is no hope
As I plead with Death
To allow me to remain.
By taking me, there is nothing to gain.

Yet I understand that I must die,
And the fear in me grows strong.
Do I await the fires of Hell,
Or do I enter Heaven's Gates?
Might nothing be after now?
Why did I place this bodkin's blade
Into myself from life to fade?

I lie in the pool of blood
I must accept what I have done.
I cannot undo my deed,
And therefore pay the price
Of entering a potential nightmare
From which I cannot awaken.
Oh, what a foolish step I have taken.

As life does fade from me,
The fear does disappear.
I realise there is no hope,
And untense with the feeling
That nothing can be done.
Soon my breath does slow
As does my heart, I know.

I relive my life in second's time
To realise that I have no time.
Then I sense no longer feat,
But the ecstasy of death.
I see that this is not the end,
A I slip from life's misery
Into Death's great locality.

A land where all is possible.
A pleasant dream it is.
The ties from life I severed.
I was then elated,
But ecstasy to agony;
For in this place one cannot abide
If by here they came through suicide.

I must undergo another incarnation.
My regretted change of mind
For life on Earth has now been
Fulfilled.