Wednesday, June 29, 2016

I LOVE YOU (No I Don't. I'm Speaking For A Horse.)

NOW LET ME OUTTA THIS GODDAMN STALL!

http://sputniknews.com/videoclub/20160629/1042141231/horse-interrupts-news.html

If I were filthy rich, I'd have a barn with heaters, open stalls, eating areas, and hopefully the horses could be persuaded into going to the bathroom in one area that could be flushed out.  It might take a while, but they're not stupid, and they can also teach each other.

They'd also get a gallon of apple juice every day, a serving of fresh fruit salad, and regular salad with carrots, lettuce, tomatoes, celery, spinach, cucumbers.  A huge bowl of steel cut oatmeal with maple syrup every couple of days. They'd go out to graze during the day, and share bales of hay from mangers at night if they were hungry.  Each stall would also have a drinking fountain.  A high school friend of mine had three show horses, though two were retired, and one was too old to ride anymore.  She didn't have them killed. They had drinking fountains in their 'rooms'.  They had good size rooms where they were kept, as opposed to stalls.  Nicer, but still not nice in my opinion.

I think it's cruel to keep a horse penned up.

Of course the second paragraph is a pipe dream.  I'm dirt poor, and too old to ride.  I've fallen off of horses before, and at the edge of 54, I might not come out of that too well.

And if I were younger, I'd have custom light saddles made, and only use halters.  The animals would be treated with utmost respect, and persuaded to respond to verbal requests.  I figure if I can get cats to respond to verbal requests, I could do the same with a horse.  Horses really are brilliant animals. Just because they don't always do what you want them to does NOT signify that they're stupid. Independent, is a better word.   Some are defiant and don't want to serve, some aren't.  It all depends on the animal, and if you have a good friendship; the animal is more likely to do as you wish.  And as far as I'm concerned, they should be treated like deities.  After all, where would we be if they didn't exist?