Thursday, March 10, 2016

Personal Rant

I was just looking at the u.s. temperature map.  It's winter.  New Jersey is warmer than Arizona.  NJ is at 72°, AZ has temps listed between 34° and 61°, Fahrenheit, of course.  It is 7:37 Ante Meridian, on March 10, of 2016.

I'm gonna get wet tonight.  Oh well.

Weird things continue to happen as the status quo falls apart.  Also been having to deal with HELL as far as this new used compooter goes, and what happened a few days ago was uber off the wall.  We lost the phone line for a few days, but the internet was still connected; though it kept cutting out here and there.  Glad my flat mate is something of a compooter technician, and I think he solved the problem with the compooter, but AT & T was needed for the phone line.  My nosey-poo is a very good indy sound engineer who seems to be doing more stuff for nothing than for pay, but hey.  Gods, has he even made $1000 bucks during his whole career?  All his stuff was done by him.  And having his own record label don't mean shoite as far as economics go.  In fact it's cost us, and never made a cent.

Oh, wait a minute.  I lied.  S.N.O.T. (Strictly Nosehairs On Tap) made 29 cents on Distrokid over the course of a couple of years.  Why pay if you can get it for free, huh?

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=329839&content=music

And we have a few songs or routines still in the top 10 or 20 after all these YEARS, so we're not a flavour of the week or month.  And we get no promotion except what little we do ourselves.  If we were commercial, we'd be rich.  But we're underground with no backing of any sort, so fergitaboutit.

We.  No really 'we' anymore.  I'm retired from the music scene.  However, my flat mate was just taken into a band.  Another non-commercial band.  King Nexus.  They're just getting started, you'll never hear 'em on the radio, but if you're into progressive, weird, spacey sometimes, experimental, and King Crimson you might like 'em.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=king+nexus%2C+matt+bordelon

No clue if that will make any money, but it is a labour of love; so whatever happens, it will go on as long as Matt (The dude whose band it is.) can keep supporting it.

I don't usually google+ my personal rants, but due to the links, I think I'll do this one.