Saturday, March 9, 2013

Study: Biodiversity From Polyculture Outperforms Industrial Farming Chemicals

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/03/study-biodiversity-from-polyculture.html

So what's da gubment attacking.  Can't have any self-sufficient families who know what they're doin' makin' the world a better place.  Not much profit in that.  Must have industrial farming feeding us poison, and making us dependent on the gubment 110% so we can be completely controlled.

Well, ya know sumthin'?  BECAUSE OF WHAT I KNOW I NEED NO OTHER MORTAL FLOTSAM GARBAGE FOR MY OWN SAKE!

And if I had the resources, I'd set up a huge organic farm with aquafarming, tons of greenhouses, diverse orchards, and critters like chickens, goats, sheep, cows, all for milk and eggs.  A few equines, too.  They will get euthanised when they get old and crotchety, but the meat will go to the estate predators.  We would be wildlife friendly.  If we lose a few, oh well.  We might see what we can do to prevent excessive losses, but we wouldn't be out to exterminate anybody.  We'd compost everything for fertiliser.  We'd also have rent free cottages for those who'd rather live on the estate, but that's just a phantasy, so oh well.

Oh, and I would NOT do it in the u.s.!  Some Latin American country wouold make sense.  I do speak some Spanish rather crappily, but apparently enough to get by.  A few weeks ago, my rather poor skills were put to a test with a conversation where I spoke about 80% Spanish with a Mexicanese sausage casing at the laundry mat.  He was cool, and corrected me when I fecked up.

There are culture clashes, like I hurl at the concept of family and crotch droppings, but on an individual basis I wonder if I don't get on better with the Latin Americans than I do with my fellow honky-gringo-crackers.  For the most part, I mean.  My flat mate is of mostly Irish ancestry.  It looks 100%.  Has the cutest Celtic nose, which was the first thing I noticed.  Well, after the long red hair.