Friday, January 3, 2014

THE CHRONICLES OF FIRMA

http://www.chroniclesoffirma.com/

The series I think is directed toward adolescent gays, but I just got the last book; and I love it.  It's a nice sword and sorcery distraction that just brings the trials and tribulations of Teal Scott to mind.

Ifn ya wanna just put yourself in another headspace where you just let yourself be absorbed into another world, I'd say check it out.  Kindle is cheap, or maybe you can get your library to buy it; though it would probably be in the 'young adult' section.  But hey!  If you can still appreciate 'The Chronicles of Narnia', you should be able to appreciate this trilogy.   Pat is no Joseph Conrad or Antoine de Saint-Exupery, but he is what he is, he took me out of my everyday reality; and I had a lot of fun there.  It's as entertaining as Hell in my opinion, and if you need a phantasy with a happy ending; this is it.