Thursday, October 10, 2013

The Blizzard That Never Was – And Its Aftermath On Cattle And Ranchers

http://dawnwink.wordpress.com/2013/10/08/the-blizzard-that-never-was-and-its-aftermath-on-cattle-and-ranchers/

A note on the cattle.  If they hadn't died here, they would have been shipped to a slaughterhouse in horrid conditions, and well. . .slaughtered.  Maybe rendered whilst still alive?  What's worse.

I DO NOT AGREE WITH CATTLE RANCHING, FACTORY FARMING, ETC. . .  THE ONLY REASON THESE BASTARDS ARE UPSET IS FOR LOSS OF PROFIT, NOT THE WELFARE OF THE ANIMALS.  IF RAISING ANIMALS FOR FOOD IS 'WELFARE OF THE ANIMALS', BEING FLAYED ALIVE IS A SIGN SOMEBODY LOVES YOU!

It is preferable that the animals get to run around as opposed to being kept in dinky stalls like the factory farmed critters, but still. . .it is vile, no matter how you look at it.

So I'm a hypocrite because I still eat chicken.  I admit it.  I steal some of what I buy for the cats, and I pig out on tandoori chicken when I go to the Sikh restaurant down de street.  Me bad.  BUT I FEEL GUILTY ABOUT IT, OK?  JUST NOT GUILTY ENOUGH!

But I don't eat cows, sheep, pigs, deer, or anything else with fur.  I also no longer eat duck, geese, pigeon, and I very rarely eat turkey.  It's been a few years, and I'd really rather not.  We have wild turkeys around here, and they are uber cool.  I've seen them on the front yard of our complex, and one of the cats I care for was laying close by them, basically wondering what the hell these things are, but they left each other alone.  Their domestic cousins are treated a crappy as factory farmed chicken (which I do NOT eat), and I don't want to contribute to that.

But if you must eat turkey, me thinks it's better to hunt your own.  But you will be disrupting a family if you do.