Sunday, October 6, 2013

A Review

Lived in front of forests, used to walk mile after mile, kilometre after kilometre in the woods, climbed to the top of Vernal Falls and drank the most delicious water on Earth, been in a light plane more than once (HATED IT!), did a static line jump, seen Death Valley, Shelter Cove (WASTE OF TIME!!!!!!!), used to spend tons of time in Frisco and Berkeley until a caged gerbil shooter almost sent me down an escalator over a legal knife in Frisco, and then I decided I'm avoiding cities.  I used to make incredible amounts of money on overtime and had enough discretionary income to really party, but why spend it in a city with with worthless enforcer scum?  I've run up Telegraph Hill, slid down the rails of the staircase and got friction burns, tried to run up Vallejo and failed since I just finished running (NOT jogging) up Grant through Chinatown, and threw my jaw out of whack a bit during the failed attempt, hough I did make it 2/3 of the way up Vallejo.  The jaw worked it's way out before I got home from my 17 mile walk/run that day.  No, I wasn't a record setter, but I used to be Hell o' FAST for short distances.  I used to be respectable for a dilettante middle distance runner, but I would have been told to keep my day job by any serious runner.  Been up Lombard, seen Julius Castle but never ate there, did numerous visits to Curios and Candles before the quake destroyed it, cleaned up a HUMONGOUS backlog at a data centre back east in a week all by myself, survived 5 1/2 years with a  worthless psycho douche bag bitch named Christl Kessler, seen the Rosicrucian Museum, lived almost across from the Winchester Mystery House but never toured it, had a farm beyond the fence of the back yard when I was a wee crotch dropping in the Land of the Cabbage People (KRAUTS, YA BLEEMIN' IDIOT!) and waved to a farmer with scythe.

I used to have the sense of direction of a homing pigeon before I lost it one day in my teens.  I also have the privilege of being a fictional character more than once.  I spent a lot of time with Skip Spence (who was MURDERED AT DOMINICAN IN SANTA CRUZ.  MORPHINE OVERDOSE FOLLOWED BY LIFE SUPPORT BEING PULLED!  HE DID NOT WANT TO DIE!), met Paul Kantner, Diana Mangano because of the lovely, commercially obscure rocker I live with.  I've free climbed a pretty impressive cliff once because I got stuck and couldn't get down the way I came up.  Once I ran under a truck pulling out of a gas station, and kept running like Hell, hoping no one would come after me.  No one did come after me, though I suppose the driver came close to having a heart attack.  I also used to throw myself over the barrier on Bascom in San Jose (It was taller than me.) because I could since I used to work out like crazy, I used to be a major show-off and never got caught by someone who could cite me.  Once caught a falling beam on a warehouse gig that would have clobbered a coworker.

I brought a copy of The Anarchist Cookbook to a call for jury duty, flaunted it, and they never called me back for as long as I was in that county.  I also broke every record that there was to break at a company I used to work for, both good and bad.  (Ever work more than a 24 hour shift?  Or 45 days in a row?  Or misdated 3 cages of mail?)  I was famous at headquarters, in part for my data centre rescue I spoke of in one of the above paragraphs, and I also got kicked out of work a half hour before my shift was up a couple of times for the way I dressed 'before somebody saw me'.  A VP of the company, when he saw me; once asked, 'WHAT IS THAT?'  I'll never know what my production manager told him.  I was almost raped by a piece of navy scum too.  I fought back, and got the piss puddle put under military arrest due to circumstances.  No clue on what happened to him.

I have been as stupid as they come in some ways, mostly on trusting people.  Then again, I was also damn good at avoiding falling into so many stupid traps the majority are programmed into falling into.  I have learned things that are beyond the majority, and have a handful of things I wish I'd never done.  Strange thing is, I wouldn't have done them if I'd not been so persuaded by those I was with.  Such is the problem of not being true to yourself and not standing up to peer pressure.

And now I am a fat blob who is doing as little as possible for the world as I can.  I've thrown in the  towel.  I am retired from life, though still alive.  I am in the waiting room, biding my time until 'The Gate' doth open for me.  I have an obscure though glorious past by my standards as far as insanity goes. Now none of it matters anymore, except for the projects I leave behind that only those who know me, know about. . . and they don't care, so all is good.

I'm done.   It could have been better.  I could have been taught the sanctity of the animal kingdom and not have to learn it myself way too late.  There's a few other things too, but oh well.  It's over and done and I can't do anything to change it.

BUT AT LEAST I WON THE GAME!!!!!!!!