Saturday, September 23, 2017

Personal Rant

Got slapped upside two days ago in a way to remind me I can't be a total isolationist.  I got stranded at work by a non-working car due to a battery issue, and needed help.  The battery issue was my fault since I didn't tighten the cable connectors enough when I had my last car problem where I had to disconnect the battery, and they came loose all the way; and I totally forgot about that.

Anyway, I needed help and I got it.  I also lost my battery completely on the way home, and being it was 2:30 AM and I don't have one of those brain friers better known as cell phones, I ended up walking home from a wee more than three kilometres away.  I think I met an angel on the way home.  An elder black dude in an overcoat smokin' a fag.  I told him my problem, and he said, 'Be optomisitc.  It's gonna be OK", or something like that.   Right away I suspected he was an angel, though I was walking away when it occurred to me to ask; so I didn't.

The walk home was uneventful, though it was a tad cold being I was in jeans and T-shirt.

Too bad I don't run anymore, but oh well.  I met some very nice people, especially one when I went back to my car and had to use another phone to call for a tow.

Thank you Tracy, if you're reading this.

Of course now I hate life more than ever, but hey!  I'm one day closer to the day I await.  The day my contract ENDS!